Symptoms of cystitis in men can vary depending on the stage of development of the disease. In the early stages of the onset of an inflammatory process in the bladder, symptoms may not be pronounced. The acute stage of the disease proceeds with pronounced clinical signs. In the absence of adequate treatment, cystitis can weaken somewhat, turning into a chronic form, followed by periodic exacerbations. Conservative therapy consists in the use of medicines and folk remedies.
Cystitis in men develops against the background of an infectious lesion. Can provoke this disease:
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa.
These infections can spread from nearby organs to the bladder area. As a rule, cystitis is accompanied by diseases such as kidney tuberculosis, prostatitis, chronic pyelonephritis and other pathologies.
There are factors under the influence of which cystitis actively develops. These include:
- stressful situations;
- decreased immunity against the background of other pathologies;
- stasis of urine in the region of the bladder.
The negative effects of chemicals in urine increase the risk of disease. Urolithiasis can cause the development of cystitis if it occurs with damage to the mucous membranes with stones.
Symptoms of cystitis in men are determined by the form of pathology. The chronic stage of the disease proceeds with the following clinical signs:
- decrease in the volume of urine in one act of urination;
- increased urge to empty the bladder;
- pain in the suprapubic part;
- cloudy urine, the formation of mucus in it;
- burning and discomfort when urinating.
Acute cystitis in men causes the following symptoms:
- false and frequent urge to go to the toilet;
- a sharp decrease in the volume of urine;
- severe pain syndrome during urine diversion;
- the act of urination is impossible without effort.
When the disease becomes severe, the symptoms change slightly. A man may experience fever, severe weakness, intoxication. Urine may contain impurities of pus, mucus. In some cases, blotches of blood are found, and the smell becomes fetid.
Chronic cystitis manifests itself rather weakly, and during periods of remission, the disease does not cause any symptoms at all. The acute stage of the disease can significantly reduce the quality of life of the patient.
With cystitis, the following consequences are possible:
- inflammation of the renal system - pyelonephritis;
- inflammation of the mucous membrane of the urethra (urethra) with further scarring;
- the spread of pathology in the prostate gland.
If the disease is mild, then it can be treated at home. For this, drugs and remedies from traditional medicine are used.
Both medicines and alternative treatment must be established by the attending physician. You can not self-medicate without prior consultation, as this can lead to the above complications.
During the acute course of the disease, the patient should remain in bed and drink plenty of fluids. At the time of treatment, he should limit the intake of salty and spicy foods, alcohol and strong coffee, so as not to irritate the bladder mucosa.
Since cystitis develops against the background of damage by pathogenic flora, antibiotics are usually used to eliminate the cause of the disease:
- Penicillins. Preference is given to semi-synthetic penicillins, which are used in conjunction with clavulanic acid.
- Cephalosporins. This group of antibiotics is used if the first group is not tolerated by patients or microorganisms are resistant to them.
- Nitrofurans and fluoroquinolones.
If cystitis is provoked by viruses, then antiviral drugs are used. With a fungal infection, the patient is prescribed special drugs.
Antispasmodics are used to relieve pain. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory pills are used to eliminate inflammation of the bladder.
If cystitis occurs in a mild form, at an early stage, then herbal remedies are used for treatment. You can buy them at the pharmacy or make your own.
There are the following popular recipes that help relieve the manifestations of an inflamed bladder:
- Infusion of flax seeds. Take 1 tablespoon of raw materials, pour a glass of water, put on the stove and boil for 5 minutes, then remove to brew. Consume the prepared drink completely before meals.
- Infusion of millet. One cup of millet is seasoned with 3 cups of boiling water and infused overnight. The next morning, the remedy is filtered and consumed up to 4 times a day. Treatment is carried out for about a week.
- Cranberry extract. Take 3 tablespoons of cranberry juice, dilute with half a glass of water and add 1 teaspoon of honey. A delicious and healing drink is consumed several times a day for two weeks.
- Echinacea infusion. One tablespoon of herbs is brewed with 200 ml of boiling water and infused for 4 hours. The resulting drink is taken orally 100 ml in the morning and evening.
- Herbal decoction. Take 5 g of birch buds, hernia, arborvitae, bearberry and pour a liter of water. The product is put on the stove, boiled and boiled for 5 minutes. The drink is consumed in one day in several portions.
- Pumpkin seeds. Eat half a glass of pumpkin seeds a day. They are consumed fried or raw. Do not clean before use. They are also useful for the condition of the prostate gland and male potency.
- Infusion of celandine. The plant is cut fresh. One glass of raw materials is placed in a gauze bag and fixed around the neck of a 3-liter jar. The container is filled with warm water and kept for one month. To do this, put it in the refrigerator. The resulting composition is consumed 1 hour before meals, 2 tablespoons 3 times a day.
- Cranberry juice. Take 500-600 g of frozen or fresh fruits, grind them in a blender and filter through four layers of gauze. Boiled but cooled water in a volume of 2. 5 liters is added to the resulting juice. Before use, fruit drinks are sweetened with honey or sugar. Take a drink one glass several times a day.
- Cowberry infusion. Take 200 g of lingonberry berries, scald with boiling water and then pour 0. 5 liters of cold water. The remedy is infused for 6-8 hours. The drink is consumed 100 g before meals 3-4 times a day.
- Oat decoction. Oats and water are used in equal proportions (one glass each). They are mixed together and boiled on the stove until the composition is reduced by half, after which it is filtered and topped up with boiled water to the original volume. The resulting drink is consumed in half a glass 3-4 times a day. Every day a new composition is prepared, and all treatment is carried out within 10-30 days.
If the bladder is inflamed, then dill seeds are used in the treatment. A decoction is prepared from them, which relieves the inflammatory process in the bladder, reducing the intensity of the pain syndrome. Dill also disinfects.
Take 1 tablespoon of seeds and pour a glass of water (in order not to prepare the product every time, you can increase the proportions up to 5 times). The container is placed in a water bath and the composition is boiled for 10 minutes. The resulting decoction is taken orally 3 times a day, 100 ml. With advanced cystitis, the number of doses per day is increased up to two times. With preventive therapy, one dose of the remedy is limited in the morning.
An infusion is also made from dill. For this, raw materials are crushed. One tablespoon of the plant is poured into a glass of boiling water and kept for 3 hours. The infusion is consumed in half a glass twice a day. In the early stages of cystitis, the remedy is taken only in the morning.
Chamomile has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, disinfecting and analgesic effect. Infusions are prepared from it. To do this, take 1 tablespoon of the plant, fill with 200 ml of boiling water and stand until completely cooled. The drug is consumed with meals 3 times a day for 1/3 cup.
This plant is used as a solution for baths. It is prepared from 2 tablespoons of the plant, which are poured into 200 ml of boiling water and infused for 20 minutes. After that, the composition is filtered through cheesecloth and poured into a bowl of warm water. Water procedures are carried out for half an hour. If during the reception of a therapeutic bath the water cools down, then warm water is added.
Chamomile infusion, prepared from 3 tablespoons of crushed raw materials and 1 liter of boiling water, is also used for washing after each act of urination. This helps to get rid of the itching and burning that occurs after emptying the bladder.